One of my all-time favorite daily cleansers is the St. Ives Green Tea Scrub. I love how it is gently exfoliates my skin, and I also adore the scent. However, the last time I was in the US, it was extremely hard to find in stores. Turns out that St. Ives has been renewing many of their products!
I picked up the St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub + Mask on my recent trip to Hawaii. Would this be an every day exfoliator like the Green Tea scrub, or would it be too harsh, like the well-known St. Ives Apricot Scrub?
What it does: (from the St. Ives website)
From America’s #1 Scrub brand, this new dual purpose formula combines oatmeal extract with 100% Natural Exfoliants. Use as a mark to nourish dry skin or as a scrub to smooth away dullness.
Price: As with many US drugstore products, the price varies depending on where you buy it. Walgreens.com lists this for $4.30.
Availability: St. Ives is available at drugstores in the US. The St. Ives website actually has a listing on where it can be bought!
Scent: this product has a sweet, flowery scent. Although I didn’t find the scent to be overpowering, the scent is noticeable.
- The level of exfoliation was gentle enough for me to use this as a daily cleanser
- This is a creamy cleanser, and did not leave my skin feeling stripped
- With a face wash net, this cleanser lathered up to a thick foam
- In the summer, I would prefer a stronger cleanser
Would I repurchase? Maybe. While I liked the product itself, there are a lot of other cleansers and exfoliators on the market that I want to try out.
Hope you liked this review!
Every year in the summer, I get small pimples on my chin. I have gotten them since I was in high school, and even after consulting several dermatologists, the conclusion is that my skin can’t handle the heat very well. One of the ways I try to minimize the damage is through exfoliation. The VOV Daily Fresh Apple AHA Peeling Gel is one of the most effective exfoliating masks that I have tried! I reviewed this once before (in 2009!!!) and I fell in love with it after trying it again.
What it does: (VOV does not have an English website. I originally tried this because AHA is a known chemical exfoliator)
Price: According to my previous review, these were $1 each in Korea. I bought mine from Sasa in Hong Kong for about 10 HKD ($1.30 USD)
How to use:
This product comes out as a whitish gel. I apply the gel to my face and leave it for a few minutes before washing it off. Amazingly, this product started peeling off immediately after I started applying it, probably because my skin was in dire need of exfoliation!
- This is the most effective exfoliator that I have tried. I could immediately feel the difference in my skin! It was much softer and smoother after using this product.
- This is a very affordable product, at least in Korea and Hong Kong. (note: not all Sasa stores in Hong Kong carry VOV masks. I pick them up as soon as I find them)
- I don’t have to peel this mask off. (I don’t like masks that I need to peel off of my whole face – they hurt too much!)
- As with most other chemical exfoliators, this product may sting your skin. Use this carefully if you have sensitive skin.
If you are like me and impatient to see the effects of skin care products, this is a good product for you!
Hope you enjoyed this review!