June 6 is Dragon Boat Festival Day in China and many other Asian countries. It’s a day to eat Zongzi (rice wrapped in bamboo leaves with yummy things inside). It is also the start of the summer, similar to Memorial Day in the US, even though school isn’t quite out yet over here.
Anyway, I’ll take any excuse to eat yummy things. (images via google search)
The sweet ones, filled with bean paste, seem to be more popular where I am.
I prefer the savory ones with pork (although this picture links to a NYC food truck…)
On to my Ups and Downs!
– Sonia Kashuk Brush Couture Flat Top Multipurpose Blush/Powder Brush
This brush was a gift from Kathy of Mai-Kat Oshaberi. It gives me an airbrushed finish without the hassle of a conventional stippling brush. A full review is coming up!
– Sonia Kashuk Blusher Brush
This brush is also a gift from Kathy. I like it better than my MAC blusher brush, and it’s less than half the price!
– Wet ‘n Wild Mega Glow Illuminating Powder in Strike-A-Pose Rose
This was a gift from Diana. It’s a lovely shimmery rose blush, and it makes me look like I’ve been on vacation! (stock photo)
– Cooking new dishes. I love Chinese steamed fish. The plus side: this was SUPER easy!
– Couch to 5k! I seriously need new shoes. I’m using really old sneakers because I didn’t think I would be able to continue running for several weeks. Has anyone tried Nike Frees?
– 30+ degree weather. That’s 85+ deg F. I get up at 6:30 AM on weekends so that I can run before it gets too hot!
– Getting sick easily. This is getting to be a pain. If I don’t eat well for 1 week, I immediately get sick! And when I get sick, my weight loss plan goes on hiatus until I get better!
– Having SUPER SLOW internet. This is why I haven’t been posting/replying to comments/tweeting as much as I want to!
It’s time for A Piece of Me in June 2011.
I like: having a blogger meet up next week!!!!!
I don’t like: not being able to stay healthy. Again.
I want you to know: that I’ve been purging my blog roll. If I’ve deleted you but you want to stay on, please let me know!
I’ve planned: not anything, really! What do you have planned?