Every spring, I start searching for the best summer foundation. One that doesn’t budge under hot weather, oily skin, and most importantly, sweat. I had heard a lot of bloggers raving about the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Foundation, and so I picked it up when I was last in the US.
What it does: (from the MUFE website)
Mat Velvet + provides a flawless result that lasts for hours. Its smooth texture is water resistant and long lasting. Great for combination to oily skin, this full coverage formula mattifies with a velvety finish. Mat Velvet+ can also be customized to your needs. Applied lightly, it gives a natural, matte look. Applied with several layers to help conceal blemishes, it creates a velvety finish. This oil-free and non comedogenic formula is suited to sensitive skin.
Price: $36 for 1.o1 oz
Availability: This foundation is available at Sephora, sephora.com and other places that MUFE is available.
Swatch: I wear the color 40 in the summer and 35 in the spring and fall. (for reference, I am around an NC 25 in MAC, and what Japanese makeup considers to be “normal” skin color)
- This foundation is a buildable medium coverage. I like to apply it with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for natural looking skin.
- This foundation dries to a matte finish, which I like.
- I also like the squeeze tube packaging, as it is easy to squeeze out the smallest amount. It is also great for traveling.
- This foundation does not suit me in the winter, when my skin turns very dry. I tried it once and got very patchy results, which I did not get with other matte foundations.
- Unfortunately, this foundation is not sweat proof on me
Would I repurchase? Probably yes. In general, I like this foundation and how it looks on my skin. I will be using it a lot in the coming few months before my skin starts getting very dry. I will still be looking for the perfect summer foundation, though!
What foundation do you like in the summer? Please let me know so I can try it out.