I’ve been thinking of how to make my blog more interactive… Should I do a weekly poll, like Pink Sith’s Thursday Poll? Should I do it on my Facebook page? Let me know your thoughts.
On to my Weekly Reads!
I hope your week is going well!
It’s time for another Weekly Reads!
(not my picture – stock photo)
I think I posted 10 tweets last weekend on how good my rice was. My luggage from Japan FINALLY arrived, and I got out my Zojirushi brand rice cooker. It cooks rice so much better than the rice cooker that came furnished my new apartment. Unlike most Japanese people, I’m not picky with my rice, but I finally realized the difference between good and bad rice! My rice cooker is not an expensive one – it just goes to show you how much technology Zojirushi spends on making rice taste good! Having good food is important to me, and it really changes how I feel every day.
On a semi-related note, in my last Weekly Reads, I linked almost entirely to food blogs. I obviously forgot that I’m a beauty blogger…
- How to break a diet soda addiction, via Summer Tomato. I used to drink a lot of coke, but now it gives me a headache.
- Starting your wardrobe from scratch, via Wardrobe Oxygen. My new apartment has half the closet space of my old one, and I’ve realized I should really reduce the amount of clothes I have!
- Cosmetics in the Edwardian Era, via Beautiful with Brains. I can’t imagine not washing my hair… but I heard it was normal until the 1970s!
- The new Limited Edition Sonia Kashuk Flat Top brush, via Makeup and Beauty Blog. I love the one I have so much but I wish I could have this LE one!
- Makeup storage ideas via The Beauty Look Book. Am I the only one that loves to see how other people store their makeup?
- The truth about makeup pencils, via Beauty and the Bullshit. If you haven’t checked out this blog, TAKE A LOOK. It’s hilarious and really informative!
- And finally, Before and After, via ABC News in Australia. Please take a look.
How has your week been going? I just realized that I don’t have any reviews lined up! I should go through my stash to see what else I need to review – thank goodness it finally arrived!
I’m amazed to see how fast the handwriting meme I shared last week has spread! I’m so happy to see everyone’s handwriting!! A bit of a brag, perhaps, but I picked up this meme from one of my favorite blogs and it has spread every since!
I’m still feeling pretty sick, but I need to get my butt moving! Hope your week is going well!
This week has been hectic as hell… I was traveling back from my business trip on Saturday and Sunday, and then I had a full week of work. To top it off, my work schedule was PACKED for the entire week, and I got barely 5 hours of sleep a day. No wonder I am exhausted!
I still count myself lucky – my coworker, who has had the same schedule as me for the past 2 weeks, is in the hospital after collapsing out of exhaustion!
- Vegetables and clothes, via Wardrobe Oxygen, an analogy that really works for me now that I’m really trying to lose weight!
- How to make your own Clinique Bottom Lash via Jeweled Thumb. I am so excited to try this out, especially since this mascara isn’t available yet in Asia!
- How to be healthy while eating out, via Beauty Fool. I need this!
- How to wear comfortable clothes on the weekend while still looking presentable, via Wardrobe Oxygen. Yes, I know, I love this blog!
- Grilled cheese is really just pan fried, so Macheesmo has made grilled grilled cheese
- What does your wallet say about you, via Orange2La. I would love to do a similar post, but my wallet is too ugly and cheap…
Hope your week is a little less stressful than mine!