I’m in a rut right now when it comes to youtube channels. I love watching makeup tutorials and reviews on youtube, but I have trouble finding a channel that I like. There are some channels that I’ve watched for a while, but lately there are a few that are getting a bit tiresome. I’m definitely in the mood for recommendations.
At the same time, it looks like I’m uninspired by beauty blog posts. I love reading them, but I haven’t found an inspiring article for a while. My weekly reads have been mostly food for the past few weeks!
So, any recommendations for youtube channels? I adore Pixiwoo and Makeupgeek.
A week or so ago, a friend of mine posted this picture on Facebook (reposted with her permission).
In Japanese, the outer layer of the skin is called kakushitsu (角質). 角 can also mean horn, so um, yeah…
- How to clean the inside of your car, via Ask Metafilter. I broke down and got mine cleaned at the car wash.
- Gift ideas for Fiction Writers, via Ask Metafilter. I really liked the idea of gifting a set of ISBNs
- How to clean suede and sweat, via Wardrobe Oxygen. I don’t wear white, pastels, or gray for this exact reason (=I’m too lazy to clean sweat stains). Many Japanese girls wear sweat absorbing pads, although that’s also kind of embarrassing!
- How to be a stylish tourist, via Wardrobe Oxygen. I bring a hoodie or a jacket, even in the middle of the summer. A/C can be strong!
- 5 things to do differently in your 30s, via Beauty Swatch. Yes, I’m almost there!
What are your favorite blog posts this week?
I just mentioned about the warm weather in a post last week, and it’s suddenly cold again! One day, it’s warm enough for me to go out in short sleeves, and the next day, I need a jacket and a sweater. Still, I like this season the best!
- How to shop sticking to a budget via Wardrobe Oxygen. I prefer buying well-made clothes that can last vs cheap, flimsy clothing. Uniqlo is cheap yet is sturdy!
- 6 De-stressing spa products via Lipstick and Luxury. My favorite way of de-stressing is soaking in a bath until I sweat like crazy.
- A drugstore Argan Oil via Nouveau Cheap. Am I the only one not yet on the Argan oil bandwagon? It’s a little hard to find here!
- Pickled eggs via Simply Recipes. I’m craving pickled beets as well!
How is the weather where you are? It has suddenly gotten really warm in the past two weeks, going from 12C (54F) to 27C (80F). Evenings are still chilly, though!
Hope your week is going well!
When I was young, I was a grammar nerd. It’s hard to keep good grammar now. I speak English everyday at work, but it is everyone’s second (or, in some cases, third) language.
I hope your week is going well!