I tweeted that I badly sprained my ankle this weekend while running. I’ve stopped running for a while, at least until the swelling goes down. I can’t even walk right now!
On to my weekly reads!
Hope your week is going well!
I usually dislike saying that I’m busy. Everyone has a crazy number of things that they have to do. Saying “I was too busy to blog/reply to emails/exercise” really just means “I decided for now, blogging/replying/exercising is not my priority”. Somehow, saying the latter sentence sounds more responsible to me.
And yes, this week I did not prioritize responding to emails, tweeting or commenting. *hangs blogger head in shame*
On to the weekly reads!
Short and sweet!
I’m in a rut right now when it comes to youtube channels. I love watching makeup tutorials and reviews on youtube, but I have trouble finding a channel that I like. There are some channels that I’ve watched for a while, but lately there are a few that are getting a bit tiresome. I’m definitely in the mood for recommendations.
At the same time, it looks like I’m uninspired by beauty blog posts. I love reading them, but I haven’t found an inspiring article for a while. My weekly reads have been mostly food for the past few weeks!
So, any recommendations for youtube channels? I adore Pixiwoo and Makeupgeek.
A week or so ago, a friend of mine posted this picture on Facebook (reposted with her permission).
In Japanese, the outer layer of the skin is called kakushitsu (角質). 角 can also mean horn, so um, yeah…
- How to clean the inside of your car, via Ask Metafilter. I broke down and got mine cleaned at the car wash.
- Gift ideas for Fiction Writers, via Ask Metafilter. I really liked the idea of gifting a set of ISBNs
- How to clean suede and sweat, via Wardrobe Oxygen. I don’t wear white, pastels, or gray for this exact reason (=I’m too lazy to clean sweat stains). Many Japanese girls wear sweat absorbing pads, although that’s also kind of embarrassing!
- How to be a stylish tourist, via Wardrobe Oxygen. I bring a hoodie or a jacket, even in the middle of the summer. A/C can be strong!
- 5 things to do differently in your 30s, via Beauty Swatch. Yes, I’m almost there!
What are your favorite blog posts this week?