Project 10 Pan is where I try to use up 10 products before buying anything new.
For me, the intent is to go through and use up some of my stash. I have two or three boxes FULL of skin care products, and I want to use them up before they go bad.
In case you are interested in Project 10 Pan, but don’t think you have the will to finish it, here are some tips.
- Lipstick, foundation, eyeshadow, and other color products will take MUCH longer than shower gels or skin care
- Whether you include a product or not totally depends on you. Decide what works for you! For example, I always exclude toner (meaning I will buy it when I run out).
- Some people like to pick out 10 products and continue until they are done. This personally doesn’t work for me because some products take much longer to use up.
- Don’t go to places that make you want to buy something, like drugstores, the makeup aisles in supermarkets, the department store, etc.
- Some people are more interested in trying out everything in their stash to find forgotten favorites. Although this won’t help you cut down on your stash, this is a good way to figure out what you really like and to avoid buying dupes. Jennifer of Life and Lens of Beauty has done a great series called “A Blush A Day“.
Do what works for you!
I also have a personal rule that helps me stick to Project 10 Pan: If there is a product I REALLY want (meaning I’ve thought about it for 2 days and I STILL want it), I’ll go out and buy it… and then Project 10 Pan will become Project 11 Pan. This still helps me achieve my objective of using up my stash, and I’m not miserable about a product I want. This is why Project 10 Pan became 20 Pan this time!
On to the products! (If I’ve reviewed the product before, you can click on the product name to go to the review)
I have reviewed
this product before. It has a very interesting scent!
I have also reviewed
this product before. This is a great mask that makes my skin smooth!
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream
This is one of my favorite night creams. It contains Retinol and is light enough for me.
MAC Your Ladyship Pigment
I pressed a sample of this pigment. I find pressed pigments to be much easier to use than loose pigments.
Watson’s store brand body butter
Nothing special – I needed a body cream to tide me over between when I moved and when my luggage (and B&BW stash) arrived!
This is my favorite foundation, being very light and not oily. I’ve reviewed this product twice (see here
), and it was in my 2010 Favorites
Estee Lauder Pleasures Eau de Parfum
I enjoyed this fragrance a lot. It is a sheer floral but it is not overly sweet.
It also has base notes of sandalwood, which is one of my favorite scents!
Illume Self Moist Program
Illume is a Japanese brand by Max Factor. This product is somewhere between a toner and a serum, and did a great job of hydrating my skin.
Johnson Body Care Dreamy Skin Relax Daily Lotion
This is the Asian version of the Melt Away Stress line. I really enjoy this scent!
I have a review
of this product. This would be a fun product to use with your significant other!
I have also reviewed
this product before. This product did not work well for me since I need oil control.
Bath and Body Works Twilight Woods Body Lotion
This is one of my favorite scents from B&BW, although I always want to try something new!
I have also reviewed
this product before. This is an interesting alternative to Angels on Bare Skin.
Bath and Body Works Shower Gel in Dancing Waters
Yes, I am trying to get through my stash of B&BW stuff. Unfortunately, I was not a fan of this scent.
Bath & Body Works Body Lotion in Dancing Waters
Again, I was not a fan of this scent.
Maybe I shouldn’t say that I’ve finished this product since there is still plenty left in the pot. However, I have already used up a whole pressed pan! I have a separate post with swatches of several Barry M Dazzle Dusts. They are great quality!
It’s amazing that I don’t have a review on this product yet, although I have mentioned it several times. Hopefully, I’ll make it to the US again soon so I can pick up the US/UK version
Phew, that was certainly a long post! I hope this post was useful to anyone trying to use up their stash! Now on to another round of Project 10 Pan!