This past winter, my skin was extremely dry. I could not even wear body lotion because the fragrance irritated me! I also got massive cracks on my heels. I picked up the Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment to combat this dryness!
What it does: (from the Eucerin website)
Advanced Healing for Dry, Cracked or Irritated Skin. Aquaphor Healing Ointment protects dry, cracked or irritated skin to help enhance the natural healing process and restore smooth, healthy skin. Multi-purpose ointment helps heal raw, irritated skin caused by radiation treatments, facial resurfacing procedures and eczema. Soothes and helps protect extremely dry, chapped or chafed skin and lips caused by winter weather or frequent hand washing. Soothes and protects minor burns
Fragrance-free, preservative-free, non-irritating, and ideal for sensitive skin.
Price: The price of this product will vary depending on where you buy it. Walgreens.com lists this product for $6.30
Availability: This product is available in drugstores and supermarkets. I had to search a few of them before I found it!
- This product feels exactly like petroleum jelly.
- Because of this, it provides a very strong barrier against dryness and protects the skin
- It does not contain fragrance or other ingredients which could irritate the skin.
- Again, this is exactly like petroleum jelly.
- It made my skin feel quite greasy and did not absorb into my skin (which is what I expect of petroleum jelly). This means that I can only use this product at night.
Would I repurchase? No. I felt this is the same as Vaseline, which is a cheaper product.
Now, having said that, if you are interested in the Elizabeth Arden 8 hr Skin Protectant Cream – that too is exactly like petroleum jelly. If you are interested in trying out the legendary Elizabeth Arden cream, I suggest you try this one out first!
Hope you enjoyed this review!