For November’s Beauty Blogs Backstage, I interviewed Ivy from Jeweled Thumb!
– It’s almost holiday time! Are there any holiday makeup sets or releases that you are excited about?
I think the better question is what I’m least excited about! I think most everything, though I’m not the biggest fan of the MAC Tartan packaging.
– What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish?
Sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top so they get all caramelized and yummy!
– The year is almost over! What is your favorite product of the year from the drugstore?
Definitely Revlon Photoready! I usually can’t get a color match in drugstore foundations, but this one is fantastic and definitely easier on the wallet than higher end brands.
– Where do you want to go for your next vacation and why?
Anywhere really! My husband and I haven’t gone on a proper vacation since we bought a house in lieu of a honeymoon. I’m dying to go to Europe. I doubt my husband is reading this but *hint hint*!
– What are your pet peeves about makeup?
unclean testers (or when you see someone applying mascara or lip gloss directly from the tester wand!), cleaning brushes, people who open drugstore cosmetics to ‘test’ when there are no testers, false lashes used in mascara ads, probably more that I can’t think of right now!
– What is one product that you tried because of the hype on the beauty blogger community?
I want to say I’ve tried every hyped product, but there’s still money in my bank account so that probably isn’t true. I’ll just list a few, MAC Jazzed lipstick (good but dupable), NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils, MUFE anything, BB Creams, Zoya, Illamasqua …
– What one product really impacted you this year?
I really don’t think I have one! I’ll say a really good moisturizer. I’ve tried a few great ones and it really makes a huge difference!
I really love B3; it’s such a great way to meet new beauty bloggers and find great new blogs!