Sorry for being totally MIA… I’m trying to catch up on all the blogs in my reader!!!!
Wow, an actual EOTD! I’m just as surprised as you!!
I am a total newbie when it comes to e/s application…
Since I’m going to work today and I’m still a little scared of wearing bright e/s to work, here’s something that’s very soft with only a hint of color:
I used the Kate Gradical Eyes Palette in PU-1, a purple palette.
- Base – Cream shadow (Daiso)
- Lid color – C
- Inner corner – dark pink color from Daiso palette
- Outside corner – A, blended with B
- Liner – Kate gel eyeliner in BK-3 (Black with blue sparkles)
- Mascara base – Daiso
- Mascara – Cover Girl Volume Exact Waterproof mascara in Very Black (not sold in Japan)
It was a total PAIN to get a good picture of my own eye.
For all my beauty blogger sisters, how do you take your EOTD pictures?
(non-beauty related blog, sorry!!!)
Pic of the day – I burned myself badly as I was making Gyoza (potstickers). But at least the gyoza was GOOD!!!
And yes, this is a rant.
My best friend from jr high / high school suddenly texted me on Friday night asking if she could stay the night on Saturday. We haven’t talked in like 10 years and she lives in Tokyo (300 miles away), so obviously I was very, very surprised at this sudden request.
Of course I said yes. She came to my house… and wow, that was tiring. I’ll keep my complaining to a total minimum, but I really need to let out steam!!!
Let’s just say that I spent an evening listening to her complain. That is a total understatement.
She also felt that it was OK to look through every cabinet that I own. She criticized me on where I keep my toilet paper, how many different kinds of spices I own, what CDs I have, and that my house is old. Even my parents aren’t that nosey.
OK, my rant is over!!!! Hope your weekend was better than mine!
Wow, I’ve been super bad about updating… But then again, I haven’t bought anything recently!!! LOL
My best friend from middle school emailed me yesterday asking to come over TODAY. She lives in Tokyo (500 miles away) and I haven’t seen her since I graduated from high school. Obviously I’m in a rush to clean my house!! I am so excited to see her later today!
My first award from MiuMiu! Thank you!!!
List 7 things that you love, and then pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you love! Be sure to tag them and let them know that they have won. You can copy the picture of the award and paste it on your sidebar letting the whole world know…you are Kreativ!
1. Makeup & skin care, even though I’m still learning
2. Traveling! I went to India in February. It was FUN!
5. Cooking / Baking!! (it goes hand in hand with 4 hahaha)
Thank you valiohh for this next award!
“This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.
“When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!”
ten things about myself;;
1. I drink my 2 liters of water daily. It is entirely water or tea. I try not to drink sugary drinks!
2. I have a very big collection of pearl jewelry (bracelets, necklaces, and earrings). I bought them at a market in Beijing, China. Bargaining is the best part – I got most of my stuff for under $5!
3. I moved to Kobe from near Tokyo. This area is similar to the southern US – it is a totally different culture! (and I LOVE it!!!)
4. I read all the blogs in my blogroll daily… but I can’t seem to remember to update daily…
5. Headaches are a part of my life. I love Excederin and I stock up on it when I’m in the US. Recently L introduced me to Aleve. It may be my new love.
6. When I put on my makeup in the morning, I’m usually watching a DVD of CSI.
7. I don’t own a TV. I don’t miss it at all.
8. The first beauty product I ever bought was mascara.
9. I love to see everyone’s EOTD. I try to copy your eyeshadow techniques but I’ve got a long way to go since I used to only wear very natural eyeshadow
10. I recently found my holy grail of pinky-beige lipsticks. LOVE
I’m not tagging anyone since I think everyone has done it already!
Since I’m not wearing any makeup right now (HORROR!!!!), here’s my jewelry from yesterday.
I’ve been getting similar comments so let me mention it here… I LIVE in Japan! I’m not visiting!!!
Part 2 of the samples I got at the drugstore event!
Toner with H. acid!!
Facial wash! Kyoko Kano advertises these. She’s like an older version of Paris Hilton in that no one is really sure why she’s famous…
Guess what these super kawaii butterflies are???? CONDOMS! Heehee!
I was going to post the wonderful things that the other bloggers gave me, but I’m super tired… Tomorrow, I promise!!!
And my jewelry today:
Grey pearl necklace. It goes with EVERYTHING
Black earrings. I’m not sure what kind of stones they are but they are SUPER shiny <3 data-blogger-escaped-br=”br”>
The event was really so-so. It was fun, but people were a bit stingy with samples… Anyway, I got to meet a bunch of nice bloggers and that was SUPER fun!
Here are a few of the samples I got:
Eco bag for the show. Let’s cut down on the plastic bags!!!
Facial masks! This brand is so great!! It makes my skin feel like a baby’s!!!
Maybelline liquid mineral foundation samples!
Here’s my jewelry today:
Pink Pearl earrings
matching pink pearl necklace
matching Pink pearl bracelet
And the pink bag I keep them in!