This is a review of the Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick. I have this in the color 10 Juicy Peach.
Last time I was in the US, I noticed that many brands had released lipsticks in chubby pencil form. I tried a few of them, but I am quite picky about my lipsticks since my lips peel easily. I picked up this one from Neutrogena after reading several reviews online.
What it does: (from the Neutrogena website)
Instantly moisturize lips, while continuously conditioning them so they are softer and smoother in just 3 days with nothing on them. Made with fruit extracts along with mango and shea butter, the balm-like formula glides on easily, providing a sheer wash of moisturizing color that lasts for hours. In addition, the twist up package allows for perfect application each time – with no sharpener needed.
Price: As with all US drugstore products, the price will vary depending on where you buy it. Target.com lists this product for $8
Availability: Although Neutrogena is not the most popular of makeup brands, I was able to find this product at several drugstores
- Very moisturizing. I felt like I was applying a balm
- I like that this is a twist up product, so I don’t have to worry about sharpening it
- This color is very natural looking and was a great everyday color
- This product has a very fruity scent which was quite noticeable
- The color is sheer and did not last on my lips. I personally don’t mind, since I would rather reapply lipstick than have my lips peel from a drying product
- This product only comes in 8 colors, which is pretty limited compared to other brands
Would I repurchase? Maybe. I liked the format and the color of this product. Maybe if I find another color that I am interested in, I will buy another one.
In general, I would recommend this product if you are looking for a chubby lipstick pencil, as long as you can find a color that you like, and you are looking for something which is not that pigmented.
Hope you enjoyed this review!