One of my favorites products to keep my face less shiny is the MAC Blot Powder. I tend to go through a lot of it during the summer, so I wanted to find something at the drugstore which I could use instead. I picked up the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder after seeing reviews of it online.
What it does: (from the Rimmel website)
Up to 5 hours natural shine control with natural minerals. Helps minimize the appearance of pores.
Price: As with all US drugstore products, the price will vary depending on where you buy it. Walgreens.com lists this product for $5.30
Color: This product is available in 8 shades. I have it in Transparent.
Availability: This product is widely available in drugstores and supermarkets
- This product reduced shine without feeling cakey
- This product is not overly silicone-y
- The product does not make my skin white or ashy
- I really don’t like the packaging. Because there is space between the lid and the product, the lid gets smooshed in my makeup bag. There are several cracks in the lid now, and I am pretty sure that it will get broken before I use up the product.
- I did not feel that this kept my skin matte for 5 hours
Would I repurchase? No. While it’s not a bad product, it did not keep my skin shine free!
Over the last few years, I have really come to embrace the shine and oil on my face in the summer. However, I still am on the hunt for a good product to keep my skin matte!