Every time I go to the US, I do a pretty major haul at the drugstore. Over the years, I have realized that I am much more excited by drugstore products than high end things! I always buy a few drugstore mascaras, and although there are some duds, I can usually find one or two new favorites.
This is a review of the Maybelline Volum’ Express Pumped Up! Colossal mascara. Can you remember such a long name? I know I can’t!
What it does: (from the Maybelline website)
Our biggest mascara brush with the double curved stem delivers a double shot of mascara. Smoother formula with double the collagen plumps without clumps. Pumped up volume up to 16X with the first double shot brush that scoops up an extra shot of plumping formula for the most pumped up volumizing lashes ever.
Price: As with all US drugstore products, the price will vary based on where it is purchased. Rite Aid’s website lists this for $7.50
Availability: This and other Maybelline products are widely available at US drugstores and supermarkets. It is also available for purchase online.
- This product did not transfer under my eyes, even in the hot and humid Japan rainy season!
- This mascara gave my lashes good volume, with minimal clumping
- I like that the wand is tapered, so that I can get into the inner corner of my eyes
- Although Maybelline claims this to be their biggest wand, I didn’t feel that it was too big for my eyes.
- Because of the tapered tip, I found that excess mascara tended to stick to the wand when I took it out of the tube.
- Maybelline’s claim of “16x volume” is definitely over exaggerated.
Would I repurchase? Yes, I really liked this mascara! It gave me volume and did not transfer under my eyes!
Are there any new drugstore products that you recommend?