I’ve gone through so many blush brushes. It must be the number 1 type of brush that I am constantly disappointed with.
I’ve bought expensive brushes from MAC and I’ve bought cheap brushes from Ecotools and Sonia Kashuk. Some of them are too big, some of them are too flimsy, and a lot of them are just too scratchy. I think one of the reasons why I use a lot of cream blushes is because I have a favorite brush for those, but I can’t find a good brush for powder blush.
On my last trip to Hawaii, a friend asked me which Real Technique brushes I already owned. “You need to try the blush brush”, she said, “I’ll give you one.”
What it does: (from the Real Techniques website)
look pixel-perfect even in harsh light. ultra-plush, synthetic bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free. self-standing for easy storage. extended aluminum handle is light and easy to use
Availability: Real Techniques brushes are available at drugstores and discount stores in the US. If Real Techniques is not available in stores in your country, they are available from the website with a very decent shipping cost.
- This brush is not scratchy at all.
- While it feels soft on my cheeks, this is not a flimsy brush. I can apply blush where I want it, and also blend it out.
- The shape is fantastic. The head is small enough for my cheeks, and the egg shape diffuses blush nicely.
- You can’t beat the price!
- This brush may be hard to find in stores.
Would I repurchase? Definitely, and I’m so glad that my friend recommended this to me!
Hope you enjoyed this review!