This is a review of the Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair serum. It is a little difficult to find products with Retinol in them in Japan, so I buy a few when I am in the US. This is one such product.
What it does: (from the Neutrogena website)
Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Serum instantly smoothes skin and delivers visible results in just one week! By combining a unique combination of Retinol SA, Glucose Complex, and Hyaluronic Acid, the lightweight, silky serum moisturizes and renews the look of skin throughout the day, and helps to reduce fine fines and wrinkles and diminish the look of age spots. Skin is left feeling smooth and looking younger.
Price: The Neutrogena website lists this product for $21. I was amazed that many skin care products in US drugstores are quite expensive!
Availability: This product is available in selected drugstores and supermarkets. I found this at Target.
- This has a light texture and absorbs easily into my skin
- Although this product contains retinol, I did not have any irritation although I used it twice a day
- The pump is hygienic and easy to use
- I felt that my skin tone improved with use
- The price. I just feel that $21 is expensive for a drugstore product, even if it contains retinol. At this price point, I am torn between spending the money on it, or spending more money on something from the department store.
- This product is scented heavily.
Would I repurchase? No. While I liked the product itself, I prefer less perfumed products for my skin care.
Do you use any retinol products? Please let me know if you have a favorite!