Makeup remover wipes are an item that I got introduced to through beauty blogging.
I used to dislike makeup remover wipes a lot. They never got my makeup off completely, and they always felt harsh against my skin. This tends to be the case with Japanese makeup remover wipes – they are small, not well saturated, and they just don’t remove makeup well.
Many beauty bloggers posted reviews on wipes that they had tried and tested, and I’m always looking forward to my next visit to the US so I can try out some for myself. On my most recent trip to the US, I picked up the Ponds Original Fresh Wet Cleansing Towelettes.
I really, really like that some of these products come in small packets. They are so convenient not only for traveling, but also for reviewing in my blog! Now I can buy a product and test it out, without feeling guilty if it doesn’t work out for me!
What it does: (from the Ponds website)
Removes all traces of makeup for fresh, clean skin
Perfectly clean & fresh in an instant. No other leading towelette is better at removing impurities and gently lifting away makeup than these soft, textured cleansing cloths. Infused with Vitamin E and a Triple Anti-Oxidant complex, they revitalize skin while leaving it perfectly clean and makeup free.
Price: As with many US drugstore products, the cost of this will vary depending on where you buy it. Target.com lists the 30-count as about $5 and the 5-count as less than $1. At less than $1, I was very eager to try it out!
Availability: Pond’s products are available in the US in drugstores (such as Walgreens or CVS), supermarkets (such as Target and Walmart), and online. Pond’s even has a store locator on its website.
- The surface of the cloth is texturized. It is, in fact, very similar to the cloth I used as a backdrop! The texturized cloth seems to work better for wiping away makeup, but this could just be a perception.
- This product did a good job at removing my mascara and eyeliner.
- The price is very cheap, and they are available in small packages which are very convenient for travel.
- Although this product says it is safe for contact lens wearers, I felt that it stung my eyes.
- I don’t wear waterproof eyeliner or waterproof mascara, so I don’t know how well this works in removing those.
Would I repurchase? Yes, I would definitely pick up another small size packet!
For daily use, I still prefer using conventional makeup remover that needs to be washed off. However, wipes are very convenient to have around for those days when I am too tired to wash my face!
What is your favorite makeup remover? Do you have a brand of wipes that you would recommend? Please let me know!
Hope you enjoyed this review!