This is a review of the L’Oreal Advanced Suncare Silky Sheer BB Face Lotion 50+. I picked this up when I went to Hawaii in February.
While I have tried quite a few Asian BB creams (my favorites: Caring Colours Everlast BB Cream and Skinfood Aloe Sun BB cream), I have never tried one from an American brand. I was determined to pick one up in Hawaii!
One watch out about this product: there are three other products from L’Oreal with almost the same packaging. The differences are whether they are SPF 30 or SPF 50+, and whether they are tinted or not. The one called “L’Oreal Paris Advanced Suncare Silky Sheer Face Lotion” (almost the same name, but no “BB”) is not tinted.
What it does: (from L’Oreal’s website)
Advanced Suncare introduces its first-ever BB broad spectrum sunscreen in SPF 50+. It protects skin with a patented UVA/UVB filter complex and evens skintone for a healthy tinted complexion. This multi-acting formula is infused with powerful antioxidants vitamin E and white grape seed to help keep skin healthy and youthful-looking. Just shake to activate this virtually weightless lotion.
Price: Will vary, as with all US drugstore products. L’Oreal’s website lists this product for $11.
Color: This product only comes in one shade. It is slightly darker than my skin tone, but since it is very sheer, I can make it work. (I am an NC25 in MAC shades)
Availability: This product is available in US drugstores and online. If you are going to a drugstore, this product is usually stocked in the skin care area! I looked for it in the color cosmetics area (where foundation is usually kept) but could not find it until I was in the skin care aisle.
- This is a tinted sunscreen, rather than a foundation or BB cream.
- Sun protection FTW! This gave very minimal coverage to my skin, which was nice for the weekends.
- Compared to other sunscreens I have tried, this product is less greasy.
- Because this is a sunscreen, it was very runny and made it hard to apply. Should I put it in the palm of my hand or on the back of my hand? Should I use my fingers to apply it or not? It took me a while to get used to it.
- L’Oreal, please sort out your confusing packaging!
- It is a little bit too dark for me, so when I wore it, I immediately got comments that I had tanned.
Would I repurchase? Maybe. I liked the concept of a tinted sunscreen. I hope they come out with more colors!
What American BB creams do you suggest I try next?
Hope you enjoyed this review!