I have tried several concealers for my undereyes, and I haven’t been satisfied with any of them. My undereye area is not that dark, but I do have undereye circles which I like to conceal. All of the concealers I have used before tend to look cakey by the afternoon, or they just don’t have the coverage I want. What it does: (from maybelline.com) Micro-Corrector Applicator micro-fills and smooths. Active formula with Haloxyl reduces the look of puffiness and shadows while fading the appearance of under-eye circles. Apply neutralizer shade for extreme dark circles. Brightener shade adds a luminous touch. This comes in 6 colors, including the Neutralizer and Brightener shades. I have this product in the Neutralizer shade (shade 150). Price: As with all US drugstore products, the price will vary depending on where you purchase. Target.com lists this product at $8. Availability: This and many other Maybelline products are widely available at US drugstores such as Walgreens and CVS, and supermarkets such as Target and Walmart.
- I have seen many Youtube videos where the product is thickly applied to the undereye area. I like to twist the top just to hear 1-2 clicks, then dab the product on my undereye area. This gives me a thin layer of product which works best for me.
- This product does a great job at concealing my undereye circles, and stays put until evening.
- This product does not budge. I tried applying all over my face, similar to foundation – and it did not move. It even stayed put after my long wear foundation wore off!
- This is completely my own fault, but the Neutralizer shade is too light for me. It is approximately the same shade as an NC15 foundation. By blending it out, I can make it work for me.
- Surprisingly, the Neutralizer shade is yellow based. I imagined that it would be more salmon-toned to counteract dark circles.
- I still don’t like the sponge applicator
- I also don’t like the cap. In twisting it off, I have cracked it in my hand, and I have also accidentally twisted the top (and pumped out some of the product)