While I was living in Jakarta, I realized there was no way I was going to win my battle to keep my face matte. I decided to embrace the natural shine and wear light BB creams on my face instead. I still wore powder blushes, though, because I always felt that cream blushes did not blend well on my face. I had tried a few of them before, but they always either did not blend smoothly, or caused my foundation to smear and move.
This summer, I decided to try cream blushes once again. I picked up the Jordana Cosmetics Color Tint Blush Sticks while I was in New York.
Jordana is a lower-end brand, with more affordable prices even compared to Revlon, Maybelline and other brands found at drugstores. The downside for me was that Jordana was not easy to find. The Jordana website says that they are carried at Walgreens and Duane Reade, the iconic NYC drugstore found everywhere, which is owned by Walgreens. Unfortunately, I found that most of the Walgreens/Duane Reades I visited did not carry Jordana.
What it does: (from the Jordana website)
Blendable Creamy Cheek Color. Provides a Healthy, Natural Glow. Convenient Pocket Size, Twist Up Application. No Brush Necessary
Availability: Other than Walgreens, Jordana products are available from their website.
Price: The Jordana website has these for $2.99. This must be almost the cheapest drugstore makeup product I have ever reviewed!
- These were very easy for me to blend. I liked to apply the product directly to my cheeks and blend it out with a brush.
- I loved the pigmentation. These show up well on my face with a couple of swipes, and last until early evening.
- While I can see shimmer in the sticks, the product is not glittery or overly shimmery when applied to my cheeks.
- Although I have used these sticks for a few months, they do not show any signs of drying out.
- You can’t beat the price!
- This product stays dewy and does not set. I followed G from Nouveau Cheap’s advice and applied powder to my cheeks, then applied this product over it, which prolonged the wear time.
Would I repurchase? Definitely! With this price and quality, I should have picked up all the colors!
If you like cream blushes and come across the Jordana Color Tint Blush Sticks, definitely give them a go!