(gift from a friend)
A blogger friend of mine recently visited me in Jakarta, and kindly brought some gifts! One of the things she included was the Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm. This is a review for the shade 60 Melon Mania, which apparently was a limited edition color.
What it does: (from the Maybelline website)
The secret: Exclusive lip renew formula. Protects and moisturizes for a full 8 hours. After 1 week, lips are visibly renewed, virtually reborn.
Or, in other words…These are lip balms with a hint of color.
This product smells very sweet with an artificial fruit scent, similar to Kool-Aid.
- This is a nice product for the summer, or when you want to wear minimal makeup but still have some lip color.
- This applies very smoothly.
- Although I kept this product in my pocket on a very hot day, it did not melt. (This is actually quite important to me!!!)
- For me, this color was a little too bright.
- I dislike the scent. (Can we just have unscented lip balms, please?)
- I feel as though my lips dry out after this has worn off.
Would I repurchase? Maybe. This is a convenient product to have in your pocket or purse so that you can apply your lip color without a mirror. I enjoy using it in the hot weather. Unfortunately, the scent is too sweet and artificial for me.
Hope you enjoyed this review!