Adapted from Simply Recipes, shared on Weekly Reads #66 (July 2012)
Prep time: 5 min Total time: 20 min
- 2 Tablespoons high smoke point oil
- 1-2 serrano chiles, sliced into thin rings (I used a different kind of chile)
- 1-2 garlic clobes, sliced thinly
- 500g shrimp, peeled & deveined (I used frozen shrimp that I defrosted in salted water, as suggested in the original recipe)
- 60ml chopped cilantro
- 1-2 Tablespoons lime juice (I used kabosu, see below)
Note: I used kabosu, a kind of Japanese citrus fruit used to season food.
1.Place a large frying pan over high heat and add oil. Add the chiles to the pan, and toss to coat with oil.
2. Add the shrimp and garlic to the pan, and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat with oil.
3. Let the shrimp cook undisturbed for 1 min. Stir fry until cooked through, 2-3 min
4. Tur off the heat and mix in the cilantro and lime juice
I made some spaghetti and tossed the shrimp with it. This was super easy, and had the fresh, light taste which I enjoy. Next time, I will try this with some short pasta!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe!