Note: I didn’t have any cherries or sea salt on hand, so the “Sea Salt Chocolate Cherry Cake” became just a chocolate cake.
Yield: Serves 1
Prep time: This is definitely not 1 minute. Who can measure cocoa powder, flour, etc in 1 minute? I’d say around 5 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons sugar (this was too sweet for me. The second time I made this, I reduced it to 1 tablespoon, which was fine for me. If I make this a third time, I may reduce it further)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (the baking powder I used did not react very well. I increased it to 1/2 teaspoon the second time I made this, but you probably would not have to)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine the dry ingredients and mix very, very well.
2. Add the liquid ingredients and mix well
3. Spray the coffee mug with non-stick spray (Or, oil it with some vegetable oil poured on a paper towel)
4. Transfer the mix to the mug, and microwave 30-40 seconds (American microwaves must be much stronger than Japanese ones. My cake needed 1 minute)
Was this a fantastic, jaw-dropping cake? Of course not. But it did hit the spot when I wanted something sweet. And because it only filled up half of my coffee mug, it stopped me from overeating. It is a good recipe to have on hand if you have a sweet tooth!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe!