Recently, I’ve been spending each weekend cleaning out my apartment. I’m not doing any scrubbing or vacuuming, I am going through my things and sorting them out.
Because I’m moving to Japan for a short while before going to Indonesia, I need to separate my belongings into 2 groups – what I will bring to Japan and what will be shipped directly to Indonesia. I thought I was good at not accumulating “stuff”, but now I’ve realized that I have a lot of things! I’ve also found clothes that I haven’t worn in the past 2 years. It is high time that these went into a donation bin!
This move will be a little difficult for me because of the weather. Japan will go into autumn and winter, but I will also travel to Indonesia for a business trip. According to what I have looked up online, Jakarta is constantly around 30 degrees Celsius. Kobe, in the winter, is around 10 degrees. I have to bring clothes to fit both climates!
I’m also going through my beauty stash (of course!) to decide what I will bring back to Japan. I’m planning on only bringing some essentials – another excuse to haul once I’m back in Japan!! Please let me know if there are any Japanese products you want me to try out!
On to my Ups and Downs!
- Breaking up big tasks into small tasks. I have a month to go before the move, but by doing a little bit of cleaning each weekend, I’m trying to avoid being overwhelmed on the day before I leave!
- Having lots of experience in moving. When I was a child, my family moved every 2-3 years. Because of this, I know what to expect and I know what I can do in advance to make it easier.
- Saying no at work. I decided to refuse to go to an offsite meeting. I need to close out the work I have here – and why in the world do you want to do team building activities with someone who will leave soon?
- Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso. I’m enjoying the end of summer with a shimmery blush!
- Thinking about whether or not to post about something very personal and very controversial (but also very beauty-related). What do you think?
How was your August? Hope your Summer 2012 was exciting and fun!