This is a review on the Maybelline Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara. I bought this in New York.
What it does: (from Maybelline’s website)
Build 4mm of measurable extensions!
• Fiber-fix brush has 6 different contact points with each lash for optimal fiber placement
• Breakthrough formula contains fibers up to 4mm in length
• Sealing formula stretches lashes and seals fibers to lashes
• Washable, also available in waterproof formula
Price: Will vary, as with all US drugstore products. Target has this for around $7
- I got good separation with this mascara
- The lengthening effect was good, although I do not think it was outstanding
- This is a wet mascara, which I do not like. It easily transferred to my upper and lower eyelid as I did my makeup. Also, I had to be very careful on how I applied this mascara to ensure that my lashes did not stick together. Even after a month of usage, this was still a wet mascara
- This mascara left smudges under my eye after a few hours of wear. I am aware that I did not buy the waterproof version of this mascara, but there are several brands of mascara available in drugstores that are not waterproof but do not smudge
- As always, I thought the claim was too much of a stretch. If I wanted to lengthen my eyelashes 4mm, I would get real extensions or I would wear falsies!
Would I repurchase? No. The smudging is a deal breaker for me, and I personally do not like wet mascaras! Because of this, I threw this mascara away after 1 month of usage!
I was so disappointed with this mascara! Considering how much I liked Maybelline’s Lash Stiletto Voluptuous, I was hoping this would be similar. Unfortunately, Illegal Lengths is a significantly wetter mascara.
What is your favorite drugstore mascara? Hope you enjoyed this review!