This is a review of the L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream. I bought this when I went to New York.
What it does: (from L’Occitane’s website)
One of our best-selling Shea Butter Hand Creams is sold every three seconds around the world! Enriched with 20% Shea Butter, this super-creamy balm penetrates quickly to protect, nourish and moisturize hands. Honey, almond extracts and coconut oil are blended with Shea Butter to create this extremely effective formula. The rich texture leaves hands soft and smooth with no oily traces, and can be applied as often as needed.
Price: $28 for 5.2oz. You can also purchase the 1oz version for $10, which I often see near the checkout aisle at Sephora.
- This is a very rich hand cream, and does a great job of moisturizing my hands
- It absorbs quickly into my hands, and does not leave them slippery
- No residue on my hands
- Very minimal scent! I hate it when I’m trying to eat and my hands smell strongly from the hand lotion I just used!
- The packaging. I don’t like metal tubes because they are hard to squeeze out towards the end. Remember when toothpaste came in metal tubes? I hated those!
- If you don’t like the scent of shea butter, this product may not be for you.
- Pricier than other hand lotions
Would I repurchase? Yes, during the cold weather. Although this is a pricey hand cream, I think it is really worth it if you use hand lotion often. I also like the small tubes to give as gifts.
I also bought a few of the other scents in this line, and I’m looking forward to trying them out.
Hope you enjoyed this review!