Announcement

It has been nearly 2 years since I moved to China.  And now, I’m moving again.

On October 1, I’ll be moving back to Kobe, Japan.

But that’s not all.

In January, I’ll be moving to Jakarta, Indonesia.

(via google maps)

I’m very excited about this.  This is a huge career move for me. I’m very underqualified for my next role, but my next boss requested me instead of someone else who has prior experience in the role.

I’m also excited about living in Indonesia.  My experience in Indonesia has only been a trip to Bali a few years ago, but I enjoyed it a lot.  I love beautiful beaches, diving and surfing, and I’m looking forward to doing a lot more of that in Indonesia.

I’m also very excited about this from a beauty blogger standpoint.  In the past 6 months, I’ve been checking out the beauty blogger scene in Jakarta. The beauty bloggers there are very active, and there seem to be a lot of local brands that are exciting. I’m really looking forward to becoming friends with them.

I’ll also be much closer to Singapore and Australia, and I’m really looking forward to spending more time there.!

Thank you for all of your support over the last 2 years. My life in China has been pretty tough, especially not being able to send/receive packages.  I’m planning on sending out a few thank you gifts to my fellow bloggers who have supported me.  I’ll also be doing a few mini giveaways!

28 Thoughts on “Announcement

1. Wow K this is really, really great news! I am so pleased for you! Congratulations on your new appointment. I am sure you’re too modest and you’re actually far from underqualified. You’ll do a great job :)

There are tonnes of bloggers from Jakarta! It appears they seem to get the best of both worlds, as they seem to love Asian (esp. Korean??) products as well as the western ones we are all too familiar with. I can’t wait to see what goodies you find. And all that scuba diving and surfing you’ll get to do! Envious of you! :)

2. Kathy on August 6, 2012 at 17:39 said:

Here I am with my funky Disqus commenting and hoping that it goes through.
    Congratulations K! I’m so happy for you. I’m glad that the waiting is over and that it is finally official. Although you say that you are underqualified for the job, I’m sure that it’s just you being modest. Even if it is as you say, you were requested by the boss for this position so he knows your work ethic and your potential.
    I’m also very happy that you’ll be out of China where your health has suffered from the conditions there. The big plus is that we can bombard you with love packages while you’re in Japan and hopefully it’ll be just as easy to do so in Jakarta. Also, no more blocked internet! YAY!
    Kathy

3. Coco on August 6, 2012 at 18:33 said:

Have a safe move and love to hear more from you!

4. jamillacamel on August 6, 2012 at 18:53 said:

I am soooo excited for you!! I am glad that you can get back to Kobe for the rest of the year!! This means that I can visit you in November!! Congrats on your new role – well deserved after 2 tough years in China!!

5. Nicole on August 6, 2012 at 18:54 said:

Wow, that is so cool. Good luck at your new job and enjoy Indonesia!

6. Omg, that’s so exciting! ^__^ i hope you enjoy Indonesia~ If you have time, plz come visit NZ sometime too!! <3

7. minh trang pham on August 6, 2012 at 20:41 said:

omg wow, that is so amazing! i’m very happy for you! i wish you the best for the next exciting 6 months! it’d be so great if you could keep us posted on the big developments!

8. notarichgirl on August 6, 2012 at 21:35 said:

Congrats!!

9. Congrats!! I’m glad you’ll finally be out of china and on to bigger and better things!!

You may feel you are under qualified, but I am sure they chose you because you were the best fit. Plus career wise it’s an opportunity to grow and a step up.

10. COngratulations!!! So happy for you and that you’ll be able to go home for a few months before moving again – haha I hope you’re ready to get bombarded with packages ;)

11. gio@beautifulwithbrains.com on August 7, 2012 at 01:33 said:

That’s so exciting! Congrats on your new job and enjoy Indonesia!

12. Candace Van Hulle on August 7, 2012 at 02:16 said:

Congrats! I can only imagine how busy you’ll be.

13. Lulu on August 7, 2012 at 02:45 said:

omggg excellent news! i’m excited for you Kay! and also happy that soon enough you will be able to receive packages hahaha. glad you are getting out of china too, can’t wait to hear about your new adventures!

14. carryna pratiwi on August 10, 2012 at 18:48 said:

WOOW! See you soon in Jakarta! =D

15. YAY!!! So excited to see you too!

16. Thank you! It’s so funny to hear a comment like that from you since you know what it’s like here!

17. Thank you! I’m excited!

18. Thank you!!! I have a package for you as well!!!

19. Do you know that I really want to visit NZ? I’ve been to Australia but not to NZ. Now it will be much closer!!

20. Thank you!!! YES i need rest…

21. Thanks, Kathy!!! It’s going to be really exciting!

22. Thank you! I agree – the Indonesian bloggers seem to be very energetic!

23. Skin Scrubs on August 26, 2012 at 11:49 said:

Ooh not long now!

24. Wow! Congratulations!! You deserve it for all of your hard work and how much you give to those who work under you. Living in Indonesia sounds exciting! I can’t wait to hear all about your adventures there. And how nice to have a few months back in Japan too. Sometimes there’s just no place like home, right? =)