This is a review for the Skinfood Buckwheat Loose Powder. I bought this when I went to Seoul.
What it does: (from Skinfood.sg)
Soft silky powder completes a radiant make up with blooming effect. Buckwheat oil prolongs blooming effect and leaves make up long lasting.
Price: Around 8000 Won (around $7)
- This is a finely milled powder, and did not leave my face looking cakey
- This product is available in 4 different colors (2 skin colors, translucent, and lavender). I bought the darker of the 2 skin colors since I’m usually the darker color for Skinfood BB creams, but I should have gotten the lighter one
- Cheap, if you buy it in Korea
- If you are looking for oil control, silica powder works better. It is also more affordable if you buy it online
- I have no idea what a “blooming” effect is.
Would I repurchase? Probably not. Silica powder works for me even in the winter, and it does not leave a white cast on my face.
Through visiting the stores in Korea, and playing with this and other products, I learned that I am not a fan of Skinfood’s color cosmetics, excluding their Aloe BB Cream. There are some interesting skin care products, although some of them are not worth the markup online.
A few items I did like from Skinfood are their Shea Butter Hair Mask and their Fermented Pomegranate Sleeping Mask. Click the links to see my reviews! (Warning: the reviews are old… you can see how far I’ve come in the past 3 years)
Hope you enjoyed this review!