This is a review for the Lush Sugar Scrub. This was a gift from a fellow blogger. In Japan, this product is called パンチでシャワー (Panchi de Shawaa, “Shower with Punch”). I have no freaking idea how they decided on that name!!!
What it does: (from lushusa.com)
Our solid Sugar Scrub is tough on cellulite and unwanted bumps, but kind on your skin. It’s no nonsense attitude doesn’t waste any time getting down to business; sweetly exfoliating with Fair Trade sugar and stimulating circulation with fennel and ginger. It’s not all rough stuff though; calming lavender has a balancing effect and encourages healthier skin. Get yourself wet in the bath or shower (but don’t let the bar get under the running water). Scrub, scrub, scrub and rinse away! You’ll be left with smoother, cleaner and radiant skin.
Price: 2.75 GBP in the UK, $5.95 in the US, 580 JPY. This product is about 30% cheaper in the UK.
- I like sugar scrubs because unlike salt scrubs, they will not cause a burning sensation if they get near cuts
- The lavender oil moisturizes the skin, but does not leave a greasy film
- Does a good job at scrubbing the skin
- I don’t think the concept of a solid sugar scrub works well. As the product claim says, do not get this near running water, because the sugar will absorb water. Even if I don’t use this near running water, it absorbs moisture from my wet skin and absorbs water
- The problem with it absorbing water is that either the sugar will melt (making the bar sticky), or it will melt and then dry (causing the sugar to clump together)
- I ended up grating pieces of the sugar scrub and storing them in an air tight container. Too much effort for me – I could just buy a sugar scrub in a jar.
Would I repurchase? No. While the product works, the concept of a solid sugar scrub does not work well.
Some people have given positive reviews for this product. If you used this product before and liked it, please let me know how you used it!