This is a review of a new scent from Bath and Body Works, Malibu Heat. I picked up a 2oz bottle of the body lotion when I was in New York.
Bath and Body Works will often release a 2oz (59ml) body lotion form of their newest scents before the full sized products go on sale. This bottle was only $1 and it is a great way to test out new scents. This bottle is smaller than their usual travel sized products, which are 3oz (88ml).
Many of my readers may know that I really enjoy Bath and Body Works products. Actually, I think their body lotions and shower gels are very generic, but I like the variety of scents.. I always buy the travel sized products, which last a month for me – I get tired of the scent before I can use up the full sized products!
How the scent is described: (from bathandbodyworks.com)
Our exclusive Malibu Heat is a fresh blend of juicy pineapple, California orange and creamy coconut milk inspired by hot pink sunsets and twenty-seven miles of beautiful beach
Price: $11 for 8oz (236 ml). Bath and Body Works always has some kind of promotion going on, such as Buy 2 Get 1 Free, Buy 3 Get 2 Free, etc. The travel sized products are usually $5 each, or 3 for $10
- This is a very fruity scent. If you like fruity scents, this may work for you.
- As with all BBW body lotions, this does a good job of moisturizing my skin.
- As usual, I strongly suggest you smell this in person.
- This is a pretty sweet scent. I wish there was more orange in the scent to cut down on the sweetness.
- I really don’t like how BBW is describing their scents recently. How can a scent be inspired by “hot pink” sunsets and “27 miles” of beaches?
Would I repurchase? No. While I don’t hate this scent, it isn’t special enough for me to want to repurchase it.
I really wish I could buy at BBW regularly! I love trying out new scents!!
Hope you enjoyed this review!