This is a review for the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. This is a very popular drugstore mask in the US, and seems to be a staple in a lot of people’s skin care routines.
What it does: (from queenhelene.com)
Mint Julep Masque is the original natural home treatment to help dry up pimples, rinse away blackheads and shrink enlarged pores. Simply apply Mint Julep Masque to your clean face and neck. As it firms and hardens within minutes, it draws out impurities from your pores. After the masque is removed, your skin will feel clean, refreshed and smooth.
Price: will vary, depending on where you buy it. According to walgreens.com, it was $4.29
- Dries up pimples. I saw a significant reduction in swelling and redness
- Cheap and easy to find (in the US)
- This product is very minty, and contains kaolin (clay). It may be too drying for people with sensitive skin.
- If you move your face after the product dries, it will flake off
- The product is very thick and hard to apply or wash off
Because this product is very drying, I like to apply it only to my pimples, not to my entire face. I don’t like to use this product regularly, but I like to have a tube on hand in case of breakouts!
Would I repurchase? Yes, this is a cheap product and great to have in case of pimples
Hope you enjoyed this review!