This is a review for the Lush Godiva solid shampoo. I bought this when I went to London last year. This product is called レディゴダイバ (“Lady Godiva”) in Japan. Interesting, since the brand Godiva Chocolates is pronounced “Go-dee-va” in Japanese, but this shampoo is pronounced “Go-dye-va”
What it does: (from lush.co.uk)
Solid shampoo bar with added conditioner for a richer lather. Godiva uses our patented solid shampoo base with a sexy jasmine fragrance and a host of ingredients to give a more conditioning wash. Cocoa Butter, shea butter, camellia oil, jojoba oil, macadamia nut oil, extra virgin coconut oil and cupuaçu butter will feed the hair and moisturise the scalp. Great on dry or long hair that needs a creamier wash.
The heady fragrance lasts on the hair all day and, if you are lucky enough to have long hair, you’ll find it perfect for swishing about to create your very own cloud of allure. This shampoo bar shares the same sensual jasmine fragrance as our Flying Fox shower gel.
Price: 6.00 GBP in the UK, $10.95 in the US, 890 JPY in Japan.
Scent: This shampoo smells exactly like the scent of all Lush stores – that herbally scent that you get every time you walk within 100 feet of a Lush store. I’m not sure if it smells like Flying Fox shower gel (which I also have a review on) as it says on Lush.com since I haven’t smelled the two together. I like the scent, but as always, I recommend you go to the store to sniff it yourself. The only times I have disliked a Lush scent is when I ordered online and didn’t go to the store to check it!
- This product was less drying than other Lush solid shampoos that I’ve used
- This product does not strip my hair of moisture, and I can rinse it out smoothly
- Lush says that this product is vegan
- Minimal packaging
- Does not contain silicone
- I still needed a conditioner with this shampoo
- This product has a lot of small pieces of jasmine flowers that I would not like to have stuck in my hair. Be sure to either rinse your hair extra well, or avoid rubbing the bar directly on your hair.
- Like all of Lush’s solid shampoos, this will easily melt in the shower. Remember to store it in a dry place
Notes about Lush solid shampoos:
- Lush solid shampoos have a lot of air incorporated in them. They contain less product than soaps of the same size.
- They melt very quickly in warm or damp environments.
- This product lasted me 35 days. Compared with bottled shampoos, they do not last very long.
- Solid shampoos in general are a little difficult to use. I like to rub them in my hands and then rub the lather into my hair.
Would I repurchase? Maybe. I like the Lush solid shampoos for a change from my regular regiment. I’ve tried 2 other solid shampoos, and I think I like this one the best!
Hope you enjoyed this review!