This is a review of the Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel. This was a gift from Lulu. This product is a fabulous drugstore alternative to primer!
What it does: (from monistat.com)
- Non-greasy POWDER-GEL™ skin protectant formula with dimethicone. Dries to form a silky, breathable barrier to fight friction.
- Prevents chafing and irritation caused by moisture, heat, and movement. Ideal for treating everyday intimate discomforts of athletes, plus-size women, new moms and bikini area waxers or shavers.
- Fast-acting formula comforts chafed skin. Works with just one application.
- Fragrance-free and non-staining. Discreet relief without damage to your undergarments.
- Non-irritating formula with vitamin E and soothing aloe. Gentle enough for daily use on even your most delicate areas.
Obviously, this is not what I’m going to use this product for. However, since it’s gentle enough to use on “your most delicate areas”, it’s safe to use on your face.
Price: $6 /1.5 oz on walmart.com. The price will vary depending on where you buy it.
- This product works and feels the same as the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, which is $36 for 1.0 oz. The Monistat product is 1/9 the price!
- The two products have almost the same ingredient list.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.
- Just like the Smashbox Photo Finish primer, this product will feel greasy or will pill if you apply too much
- As you can see from the ingredients list, this is a silicone-based primer. Avoid it if you dislike silicone-based primers.
Notes:Don’t apply too much. If you feel that the product is not working for you, try applying less, and only on the areas where you need it.
Would I repurchase?: I already have!
I really think this is a great alternative to primer. If you like silicone-based primers, please try this out!