Weight Loss: Starting Over

I’ve decided to start my weight loss journey over again.

You may have noticed that I stopped posting about weight loss.  My last post was nearly a month ago.  I had a bad sprain, and that stopped my momentum for weight loss posting.

I still want to lose weight, and that’s why I’m trying to get back in the habit.

I know my problem is that I eat too much.  If I try to control something, I binge later.  My new strategy is to eat small amounts of high quality food.

I’m at my worst when I eat out with someone.  In Japan and China, we typically serve ourselves from big plates.  This leads to overeating for me. I’m going to be eating out today.  Let’s see if I can keep myself from overeating!

On the positive side, I’ve been continuing the Couch to 5k, even though it’s super hot outside.  I’ve just completed Week 7 and am contemplating buying the Ease into 10k app.  Amazingly, running is working for me!

I’m really, really struggling with my weight, and I really appreciate any help that you can provide for me.  Thanks again for all of the support you’ve given me!

Starting weight: 68.8kg

Please like & share:

12 Thoughts on “Weight Loss: Starting Over

1. R Sophie on July 18, 2011 at 10:24 said:

Hey,
    I can really feel your pain here. I’ve been trying to lose some weight for a while now and it just won’t come off. Or if it does, it comes back very quickly. I’m not overweight, but still a bit chubbier than other women my age. I know I shouldn’t be complaining about it. There are so many other great things in my life that a bit of extra weight shouldn’t matter, but it’s still somehing I just can’t let go of.

I also really enjoy running, it makes me feel better about myself. I started doing it for weight loss, but now I run because I love it.

I wish you all the best.

2. Okay this might not be the best idea, but it did help me when I was trying to lose weight (not the best idea bc I literally starved myself for 4 months and lost the weight).

Anyways. I recommend sticking up photos of women who have really nice bodies (I used Jolin Tsai) around your apartment, in particular your kitchen, dining room, and shoe area (so you can look at it before you go out to exercise). It will give you a lot of pressure to lose weight. It is not 100% healthy on the mind (too much pressure), but it works.

Also something else that worked for me was if you put together your dinners or lunches ahead of time, portion it out first. Like I used plastic tupperware lunch boxes and when I cooked my dinners on Sunday for the upcoming few days, I would portion it out so that each day is already measured. Do this AFTER you ‘ve eaten your dinner so you won’t be as full and want to put in a lot of food to each box bc you’re still hungry. This will be especially useful if you say you have a hard time controlling your proportions.

3. yumikomura on July 18, 2011 at 12:03 said:

tough one. i’m trying my best. but everytime i starve myself i loose 5 lbs. but when i eat i gain them all back!

i just run. and really try try to eat more protein. that’s something i have cut out on my diet. i’m trying to cut off on carbs as well..we’ll see how this progress goes. good luck!

4. Denysia Yu on July 18, 2011 at 12:35 said:

Hmmm… I just started on my new diet as well. I’m drinking slim fast shakes every day. It’s suppose to be a meal replacement. My friend says that there is a shake called Yor that is suppose to be a meal replacement as well.

5. Luluchinadoll on July 18, 2011 at 13:29 said:

Omg k, I totally feel you!!! I also have a problem with eating too much, especially when I find something yummy, I just couldn’t stop! Or if I did really good one day, but next day I’ll binge :( nowadays I try to make all food durin the weekdays at home and portion them out so I am not allowed to grab more (family style). We’ve also been pretty good about going to the gym since we came back. Hopefully our weight loss will be more successful this time around! <3

6. It’s great that you’re doing well running. I know that I can’t do that!

Some time after you stayed here–I would say around 4 or 5 months ago, Landon almost completely stopped eating carbs. No more rice for him and he prefers if I don’t make pastas. Of course there are times when he just can’t avoid it, like if I make lasagne. The other night I made Thai curry and he said that he can’t eat Thai curry without eating rice. He has just substituted rice with vegetable salad and has lost weight. He has gone from a size 34 to size 30 waist. He’s also been working out at the gym a lot so he’s gained a lot of muscle. He swears that cutting out the carbs (rice) is the main reason. Of course a few years back, he swore that his ice cream diet was working. (He had read that milk helped you to lose weight.)

7. Zoe on July 18, 2011 at 19:05 said:

I have been trying this for a while and it works. I drink honey and lemon in warm water every morning. I cut all the soft drinks and I try not to eat a lot before 6 pm and excersise at least an hour everyday.
    Try this workout, it’s very entertaining and u get to use a lot of ur energy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtQrdST6OWU
    Good luck^^

8. Wish you all the best in your endeavor – losing weight is HARD to do. Just tell yourself when you have a craving for junky food that it will be worth it in the long run not to give in. Hang in there and good luck!

9. good luck! It’s tough with Asian food!

10. Hey K, I totally feel you. I also struggle with over-eating. I even read books on why people binge. I think it helps to look at the time you binge, as in what causes you to overeat. For eg, for me, I have a bad habit of not eating much in the day time so I really eat more than I should at night. I also had the bad habit of watching TV late at night and snacking so I have tried to read books or watch makeup vids on Youtube (I think watching dramas and movies induce my snack cravings – they say commercials are the culprit). I think I’m getting better at it. I don’t eat after dinner, even if I feel hungry, and I’ve cut down on carbs too..the key is to cut down because to cut it out is just too drastic for me. Instead of every day, I eat brown rice and noodles maybe 2-3 times a week. Try quinoa or gluten-free pasta as less caloric and addictive alternatives to traditional grains. Gosh I could go on and on but I won’t. All the best, K, and there’s always tomorrow to make a fresh start :) Ganbare!!!

11. Blovetbeauty on July 31, 2011 at 23:26 said:

i find myself liking late night snacks whenever i get stressed – hence I try to go shopping or keep myself moving whenever i feel a stressful situation arising… i hate to exercise cause i bulk so i choose to go to the zoo, park, malls, anywhere my legs can take me.. gd luck sweetie

12. Midnite0904 on August 1, 2011 at 01:57 said:

I always found that…those people who were sooo difficult to gain weight, tend to be hard too to shed off pounds later in life if their metabolic system getting abit slow down, yeap small potion and regular meals do work, but i snack alot when i don’t sleep at night, which is always