This is a review of the Maybelline Volum Express The Falsies Mascara. I honestly do not know where I got this. I searched through my blog to find any previous mention of it in a haul or as a gift from someone, but I couldn’t find anything. If you do, please let me know.
What it does:
False lash glam, instantly!
• Patented Spoon Brush fans out lashes from corner-to-corner, while our Pro-Keratin formula instantly builds volume without clumping
• Unique flexible wand helps to lift and separate lashes to provide the look of 300% more visible, fuller lashes, no gaps from any angle
Price: will vary, target.com has this for about $6
– thickens my lashes fairly well
– I didn’t have any fallout under my eyes
– this was a very wet mascara, even after 2 months of usage. I don’t like wet mascaras because it makes my lashes stick together
– I do not like this wand (details below)
– this mascara made my eyelashes droopy, even after curling them. This may be a combination between it being a wet mascara and my not being able to use the wand very well
What is the “patented spoon brush”? It looks like this:
The brush is shaped in a curve. The inside curve of the brush has significantly shorter bristles than the other parts. This made it incredibly hard for me to use the wand. It was constantly turning the wand so that the outside bristles, which are longer, would be against my lashes in order to coat them properly. This worked, but it takes away the whole purpose of this brush. I would have preferred a regular brush.
Would I repurchase? No, I liked the original Volum Express better.
Hope you enjoyed this review! I’m envious of all of you in the US who can try all of the newest drugstore mascaras!