I’ve reviewed several of Lush’s Fresh Face Masks, so I was really excited to try a new one. I bought this when I was in the UK.
What it does:
All skin types can benefit from this nutritious mask, containing seaweed and seaweed absolute to refresh and restore. Kaolin will cleanse the pores, honey is a gentle antiseptic to keep spots at bay and soothing aloe vera will calm redness. (from Lush’s UK website)
Price: 4.95 GBP ($8) for 75 g (UK), 1650 yen ($18.50) for 50 g in Japan
I mentioned before that the UK price seemed to have decreased. I checked with an SA who confirmed that they’ve lowered their prices. Yay for us!
- leaves my skin feeling moisturized
- gently exfoliates my skin (the exfoliation is very, very gentle)
- no strong scent. It does smell slightly pasty.
- contains pretty big chunks of seaweed, which was a turn off for me.
Would I repurchase? probably not!
It’s a great mask if you want an all-around nice mask which does a bit of everything, but the seaweed bits drove me nuts! Here‘s a picture from the Lush website where you can see how big the bits are. See the black pieces under the girl’s nose? I didn’t like slathering that on my face. I also didn’t like washing it down the drain!
- all of the cons of Fresh Face Masks in general apply to this one as well. They do not contain preservatives. Therefore, they need to be stored in the refrigerator and need to be used up within 2-3 weeks, or they will go bad.
Hope you enjoyed the review!