This is a review of the Lush Summer Pudding Soap.
What it does:
Summer pudding is a scrumptious English tradition- one that we happily adopted when making this delectable glace cherry filled soap! Scrubby ground almonds and deep cleansing juniper berry oil soften and smooth rough skin, leaving it a temptation to touch (and sniff!). Summer Pudding is scented with Simon’s delicious ‘berried treasure’ fragrance, bursting with notes of fruity buchu and zesty lemon oils. We’ll give you fair warning- this one smells so delectable that someone just might take a bite!
(from the Lush USA website)
Note: In Japan, this product is called “Mama’s Kitchen Pudding Soap”
UK: 3.60 GBP / 100 g = $0.056/g
US: $5.95/3.5 oz = $0.06/g
Japan: 600 JPY / 100g = $0.07/g
Not much of a difference there, but this is affected by the current strong Japanese Yen.
(Do people find it useful when I do this price comparison by weight? It is actually very time consuming)
– Very interesting soap, having two different textures. The dark pink part is one kind of soap, and the light pink part is a very different kind of soap.
– The light pink part was a little bit gritty, probably from the ground almonds. I like to think that this gives me gentle exfoliation
– Has a fruity scent that reminds me of cherries
– This is a limited edition soap for the summer, and may already not be available at your local Lush
– This is a very soft soap, especially the light pink part. Leaving it in your shower will cause it to melt. I cut mine in half to keep half in the shower and half in somewhere it won’t melt!
– Will melt in warm weather. Actually, mine melted slightly in my room during the day!
– The cherries are excessive. They serve no purpose except to make the soap look pretty, and I’m a bit put off by having fruit in my soap.
– In Japan and the US, Lush sells their soaps by weight. They will cut off a piece, weigh it, and attach a price tag. In some countries, the soaps come prepackaged.
Would I repurchase: Maybe, but there are other Lush soaps to try first!
This is the first Lush soap I tried, and it was an interesting experience! What soap do you recommend I try next?