Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelettes effectively dissolve all traces of dirt, oil and make-up–even waterproof mascara–for clean, fresh skin in one easy step. These gentle, ultra soft cloths contain superior cleansing technology so effective it removes even waterproof mascara. With one step, it leaves skin thoroughly clean with no heavy residue, so there’s no need to rinse. And it’s gentle enough to use around the sensitive eye area, even for contact lens wearers.
(from the Neutrogena website)
Price: I’m not sure how much I paid, but the refill pack was $5 at Target.com and $7.99 at drugstore.com. Each pack contains 25 pieces.
Size: 7.4 inches x 7.2 inches, or 19 cm x 18.5 cm, according to the package. It is pretty big!
- VERY moist! I usually find makeup wipes to be too dry to effectively remove makeup, but this was really good!
- didn’t irritate my eyes
- got everything off, including my eyeliner and mascara
- not drying
- each sheet is BIG, which means I can always find a clean spot to wipe with. If I wipe with a spot which is already dirty, that’s not really making my skin clean!
- the instructions say not to rinse afterwards. Huh????? I can understand that they say “no need to rinse”, but the instructions on the website say “do not rinse.” Not rinsing makes me uneasy (and yes, I always rinse afterwards).
- A friend said that my face was red after using these. This happened multiple times. This is really weird because the wipe was not irritating to my skin. I think that maybe my skin just doesn’t like getting rubbed…
- they close with a sticker (vs a ziplock bag), which means they will dry out over time
Would I repurchase? Yes!
All in all, I really liked these. I don’t like using wipes for everyday usage, but that is my personal preference and doesn’t really have to do with this product in particular. I wish they were available in Japan!
Having said that, I’ve read numerous reviews saying that the Target brand wipes are just as good, and they are slightly cheaper! It’s worth checking them out if you can get a hold of them!