It’s a month until my 28th birthday. I’ve past the halfway mark between 25 and 30, and it made me think – what do I want to accomplish in the next few years?
Thinking of how far I need to get to my “ideal me” makes me really depressed, so I started off with thinking about all the things I wanted to accomplish when I was 20, which I have already done.
What I have accomplished in my 20s:
- Be able to drive (which I didn’t need to do when I lived in Tokyo)
- Live by myself
- Have a job which makes me want to go to work everyday
- Know what it’s like to be in love again
- Visit the Great Wall of China
(Yes, I took this picture by myself with a point and shoot, and it is untouched! It turned out pretty well!)
- Work in a country where I didn’t understand the language
- Have people report to me at work
- Be able to cook, and have a few dishes and desserts that I’m confident in making
- Learn to scuba dive
- Go surfing (not well… but I’ve done it!)
- Travel to India
- Figure out my values in life
The last item was BY FAR the most important thing I have ever done in my life. It really made my life so easy. Now, it is so easy to make choices in my life, even life-changing ones, because I know that as long as I stick with my values I will be happy.
So now… a few things I want to accomplish before I’m 30…
- Move “to the next level” at work
- Go scuba diving some place new (a picture of the Maldives, below)
- Go Trapeze Flying <- this I am planning to do SOON… in NYC
- Go to the Grand Canyon again, now that I’m old enough to appreciate it
- Travel to eastern Europe
- ride a motorcycle
- get properly fitted for a bra (this I’m also planning to do in NYC)
- Travel to some state in the US which is NOT on the ocean
- save $100,000 (USD equivalent) in the bank
If you google these kinds of lists, you will notice that most of them are about either traveling to some place, or about learning to do something. I guess we all want to to be able to do something new!
What do you want to accomplish?