- I want volume. I don’t need length or curl
- I don’t like wet mascaras which make my lashes stick together
- I get black smudges under my eye really easily. This is the biggest deal beaker in a mascara
- Washable mascaras work better for me than waterproof mascaras.
Let’s see how the Maybelline Volum Express The Rocket mascara measures up to my expectations!
What it does: (from the Maybelline website)
Volum’ Express The Rocket Mascara’s patented Supersonic Brush with micro bristles loads on big, sleek volume instantly. Our fast-glide formula keeps lashes smooth. Zero clumps!
Price: The price of all US drugstore items varies depending on the store. Walmart.com lists this product for $6
Brush: This product has a rubber bristle brush
Availability: This and other Maybelline products are widely available in US drugstores (such as Walgreens, CVS, etc) and supermarkets (Walmart, Target, etc).
- This is a very thickening formula.
- This is an extremely wet mascara, even after I used it for a month
- This product smudges under my eye!
Would I repurchase? No. Unfortunately for me, smudging under my eyes is a deal breaker.
I will emphasize again that mascara is a product where so many people cannot agree on whether a product is good or not. In fact, G from Nouveau Cheap LOVES this mascara, and I usually love the products she suggests.
Hope you enjoyed this review!