Golden Week, one of the biggest holiday periods in Japan, is coming up. It is a period of about 10 days with 4 national holidays. Combined with weekends and a few days off, this makes it very easy to take an extended vacation, making it one of the top 3 most expensive times to take vacation in Japan (the other 2 are in August and the end of December).
I usually don’t go anywhere during Golden Week, specifically because there are too many people everywhere and it is just too expensive. However, the weather has been just fantastic over the past few days, so I’ll be sure to enjoy my staycation!
What were your favorite posts this week?
- 10 tips for buying vintage, via Future Derm. I was really into buying at thrift stores in high school, especially since I lived near Harajuku, the thrift store center of Tokyo.
- Top 6 Sephora and Drugstore products, via Kristin Gehm (Youtube). Some of these are going on my next US wish list.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion has been repackaged, via Makeup and Beauty Blog. I’m a little disappointed since I don’t like doe foot applicators…
- What is the best eye makeup remover? via Temptalia. I prefer oil-based makeup removers.
- Nuts and Bolts snack mix, via Brown Eyed Baker. I am contemplating how to make this in Japan, where we don’t eat unsweetened cereal.
- The best supermarket bacon, via Serious Eats. This sounds like a great taste test!!
Connect with me! I love chatting and connecting with people, and sharing interesting stuff around the web!
- Follow @cosmeddicted on Twitter & Instagram
- Like Cosmeddicted on Facebook
- Follow Cosmeddicted on Pinterest